Diane comments and submits:
"While on vacation last weekend I saw a house in dad's neighborhood that I wanted to get pics of- so when we went out later that day I had to explain the game to him, then I asked him to slow down so I could take some quick pics from the car. He told me to go ahead and get out so I could get better shots, that the people wouldn't mind.
hesitantly I did.
Sure as sh*t the lady came out all wild eyed asking what I was doing....so my dad just smiled and told her I was taking pics for a yard gnome contest.
she paused for a minute then got a big grin and said, "well then don't forget the one over there in the tree!"
NICE WORK DAD"
And there it is, the rare tree dwelling gnome or he is hunting pig... it could go either way
I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation why snail would live on your boots
The welcome trapScore
- Gnome in tree: 4 points + 1 point for the stand
- Innocent bystander pig: 1 point
- Rooster: 1 point
- 2 flamingos (none glowing variety): 2 points
- Snail infested boot (and a slug, yuck): 4 points
- Gnome getaway vehicle: 1 point
- Welcoming "stop and smell the flowers" sign: 1 point
- Jokester gnome who will smack your nose with the broom when you bend over: 4 points
- Chubby squirrel who enjoys the wack-a-nose: 1 point
- Ornate flowery girl (innocent of all wrong doing): 1 point
- Lady bug: 1 point
Where the display is not especially unusual, I do like the gnomes laying in wait: 2 points
Score: 24 points
Gold balls seem to run in the family:
between Diane and her father, she now has a full set.